Wednesday 2 May 2007

MP3s to make you mellow

A few months ago I went on a self-help, hypnosis bender. Or rather, I browsed websites and downloaded mp3s on said topics. I didn't really follow all of the tips or listened to all the mp3s. There just wasn't enough time! I tried, but eventually got bored. The new Justin T. album was more fun.

For a few weeks, I had Anthony Robbins on my headphones while I walked to work in the morning. Then I started thinking about his teeth, and how much work he must put in to keep them gleaming. And how fun it would be to own your own island. Wait, maybe that was Richard Branson. Or maybe they both own their own islands and are neighbours in the South Pacific. Whatever.

One of the sites I got the mp3s from had a lot of audio files, but it pissed me off when I listened to them because they were all read out by a text to speech program. Ugh. And not like Hal from 2001. More like Radiohead's "Fitter, Happier". Anyway, I didn't really get much out of them, and they didn't seem to work.

The good people at The Positivity Blog are recommending this file called "Double Induction", and it's supposed to put you in a state of relaxation for up to 24 hours. The comments from people seem to indicate that it works. And it's free, with no risk of prosecution, unlike some other things I can think of but can't afford right now...

Now if only someone could come up with that "learn Kung-fu subliminally" mp3. Would be easier with a plug-in-the-back-of-the-neck option ala The Matrix but I'm kinda chicken when it comes to cybernetic enhancements to my puny frame.

No comments: