Thursday 14 February 2008

I've never been to me

I'm feeling kinda emotional tonight, as I found out that my bank
balance is NEGATIVE, which kinda threw shit on my plans to have a
romantic Valentine's dinner with my wife at the local Vietnamese
place.

Now when I find myself in times of trouble, I turn to the classics. In
this case, the nearest one on hand was Charlene's "Never Been To Me".
I'd never listened to it closely before, but I worked out the part
where she's doing the narration, and I didn't realise it's actually a
bit of a cynical song.

"Hey, you know what paradise is? It's a lie, a fantasy we create about
people and places as we want them to be.

But you know what truth is? It's that little baby you're holding. It's
that man you fought with this morning, the same one you're going to
make love with tonight.

That's truth. That's love."

D'ya hear that people?

PARADISE IS A LIE! A FANTASY WE CREATE ABOUT PEOPLE AND PLACES AS WE
WANT THEM TO BE!!!

Now if that ain't fodder for your next up-and-coming emo band, I don't
know what is. Come on kids, work on those Charlene samples and get
'em into those anthemic choruses! I believe in you! Yizzgaarnoff,
maaaate!

That's the truth. That's love.

No comments: